Transportation/Drives:We provide one-way drives to medical appointments, grocery store, personal needs, other individual appointments for seniors and disable individuals. Our Service Sites: Congregational Tower, Harvest Ridge Senior Apartments and Town Centre Senior Apartments ; Weekly Shuttle Drives for grocery shopping to Wal-Mart, Seafood City, Albertsons and Sprouts. Recently, two FACT wheelchair capable vans added to the fleet along with a passenger car.
- 2008 – Renewing Life established its tax exempt status non-profit and partnered with the San Diego Food Bank for our food pantry program.
- 2009 – Renewing Life established a partnership with South Bay Community Services to transport seniors at Town Center Manor in Chula Vista, CA.
- 2012 and 2013 – Received grant funding from SANDAG to continue the transportation program for seniors with expansion to Harvest Ridge senior apartments (90 unit senior apartments affiliated with South Bay Community Services).
- 2014-2020 - Implemented the Congregational Tower transportation program with funding from Community Congregational Development Corp.
- 2017 - Awarded grant funding from SanDag for the years 2017 and 2018.
- 2020 - Awarded Wheelchair vehicle by SanDag.
- 2021 - Established for profit branch RL Medical Transportation.
Renewing Life is affiliated with the San Diego County Volunteer Driver Coalition. The coalition is a county-wide network of free and low-cost transportation services available to seniors. Our programs offer safe, reliable transportation provided by trained volunteers who care about seniors. Once a year we have a Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon to show our gratitude for the selfless work they do.
Tony San Nicolas
- San Diego County CECO
- Community Congregational Church of Chula Vista
- Norman Park Center Chula Vista
- Meals on Wheels Chula Vista
- San Diego Food Bank